Prawns and spring onion is a very popular combo.So i am posting this rice recipe which is a very quick and tasty one. Its also flavored with curry and mint leaves which gives it a very nice aroma and taste.
- 1 cup medium sized prawns(cleaned and deveined )
- 1 cup spring onion greens chopped
- 1 cup spring onion whites chopped
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- 2 tea spoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tea spoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 tea spoon finely chopped green chilis
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 tea spoons soya sauce
- 2 cups basmati rice cooked n cooled
- 1/2 tea spoon turmeric
- 2 tea spoon lemon juice
- 1 table spoon chopped corainder
- 1 table spoon chopped pudina(mint) leaves
Apply salt, turmeric and lemon juice to the cleaned and deveined prawns and keep aside for 20 minsHeat a non stick pan and add little oil. Add chopped garlic, ginger and green chillies,curry leaves and saute for 2 mins till aroma comes. Now add sliced onion n spring onion whites and saute for 3-4 mins tilll done.
When onion are fully done add marinated prawns and saute for 3-4 mins. add spring onion greens and saute for 1 min. close n cook till prawns are done. Now add soya sauce and salt n mix well. Now add cooked basmati rice and mix carefully and toss for a min.Add chopped coriander and mint leaves and mix well and toss the rice for 2-3 mins.
Preparation Time : 15 mins